Helplng people in Shropshire to be healthier and happier
The Healthy Lives Programme combines the key health prevention actions of Shropshire Council, Shropshire CCG, the Voluntary Sector and NHS providers to take a collective approach to reducing demand on services and improving health & wellbeing.
How do we do this?
- Supporting people to help themselves
- Connecting people to services they need
- Putting people in touch with their community
Why do we want to do this?
- To reduce type 2 diabetes
- Improve heart health
- Help people to have a healthier weight
- Reduce the risk of dementia
- Reduce social isolation and loneliness
- Support carers